Saturday, July 11, 2009

When WORLDS COLLIDE!

So I went on the weekly breakfast ride with my bicycle club this morning.



There was the usual bike club crowd.



But hey! Who's this?



Why it's none other than HeidiTri's, aka Mrs. Doohickie's sister, and therefore my sister-in-law.



She traveled down from upstate New York to visit us here in Texas along with her daughter. If you read her blog, you know the "Tri's" part of her blog name is for triathlons. While she was here, she was happy to join us on the breakfast ride to get a few miles in while she's away from home. On one of my vintage bikes, of course (a 1981 Fuji mixte).

She did very well in the Texas heat (it got up over 100 degrees today). We only had to stop once to cool off... at City Cyclist, of course! Heidi was very impressed with their selection of recumbent bikes.

So it was a little strange to have someone from one of my worlds to be inserted into another of my worlds, but everyone seemed to have a good time.

9 comments:

Steve A said...

EXCELLENT! Like when my mom came to visit for my daugher's graduation and we went out for a nice ride.

HeidiTri's said...

It was a great ride. The club members were very welcoming. City Cyclist is an awesome shop. But, 100 degrees is about 30 more than I'm used to, so it was hot!

Rat Trap Press said...

Looks like fun. Where do you guys start your ride. I recognize some of the roads.

Marrock said...

Just as an aside...

If the planets align properly, I may be a contributing writer for the "Safety is Sexy" blog.

Doohickie said...

I got the decals just before they started charging for them...

Bone said...

Worlds colliding! Are you aware that's a Seinfeld reference, or was that just a coincidence?

Man, I love those classic 10-speeds!

Doohickie said...

I wasn't aware that it was from Seinfeld, but that's probably where I heard it.

I keep tellin' ya, you gotta check out Old Ten Speed Gallery.

HeidiTri's said...

Hey Bone- The rumor is that Doohickie is going to sell that 10 speed- if you're looking for one. I advocated that he quietly stash it in the garage until the next time I visit, but Mrs. D vetoed that idea!

PennyCandy said...

He has enough bikes he does not need anymore and he could stand to get rid of 1 or 2. :-)