Sunday, July 05, 2009

Vacation Teaser

This is for HeidiTri's who happens to be Mrs. Doohickie's sister and who is coming from New York State to visit us in Texas this week. I heard she was packing her bicycle helmet "just in case."



It's not too clean, but I just finished a mechanical tuneup of a 1981 Fuji Royale I picked up a couple months ago. The wheels were badly out of round, so I swapped out the wheels from my old Nishiki Olympic 12. I'll tell ya what, Hei.... I wish this bike was big enough for me to ride. With just a little TLC, it rides very nicely indeed.

The catalog weight for this bike is 27 lb., but I don't think it weighs that much.



If you're up for it, you can do the Saturday breakfast ride with me, and Mrs. Doohickie and Mack can meet us at the restaurant. It should be a nice little jaunt.

3 comments:

HeidiTri's said...

Yay!! And, I'm not sure, but I think it's a mixte!

Doohickie said...

Yes, indeed it is. I love this bike. I will probably sell it since I can't ride it, but we might as well put it to good use while it's here.

HeidiTri's said...

There are a lot of women on the TE site who love these bikes! I'm psyched to see what the big deal is about them. I suspect it's mostly about the look and solid construction.