Wednesday, July 15, 2009

By Request: Bike Pr0n

So in a comment on my other post today, Steve A said he wanted bike pr0n. Here ya go, Steve. Before I start the pictures, though, I'd like to say something about the ride on which the pics were taken. On Friday, the day before Myles's foray into the garden, I rode from my home to the Fort Worth Zoo to meet up with the rest of my family (including my wife's sister and niece), because our car wasn't big enough to fit all of us. Good excuse for a ride, right?

Anyway, we left the zoo at about 2:30 pm, when the temperature was about 102. I was riding through the TCU area, and remembered a neighborhood garden Myles had posted about a few months back, so I kept my eyes open and found a garden at McPherson Avenue & Stadium Drive in Fort Worth. Although it wasn't the same one Myles posted about in May, it was a nice place to stop on a hot, hot day.

On to the bike pr0n. The subject is my 1983 Raleigh Marathon:















That's pretty much it. If you want to see more pics of the Marathon, click here. One last pic- this was at the entrance to the garden:



Does it look familiar? If you read Rat Trap Press, it should!

4 comments:

Steve A said...

Now THAT'S WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!

Now, prod your rodent-catcher friend to live up to your high standard. I'll have my own "old bike" post before long due to his request, as soon as I can figure out how to work the camera.

Rollz said...

I don't think I have ever been anywhere when the temperature has been 102. That is 38.88889 celsius for people so inclined to use this scale. I would probably need two bottle holders if that was my Marathon. Cool looking bike!

RANTWICK said...

Oh those sepia tones... mm hmmm.

Rat Trap Press said...

Sorry to steal your thunder on the garden stuff.

How much longer do you think we'll have to wait for Steve's bike photos? Get to work Steve!