Friday, July 03, 2009

Welcome to New Author ChipSeal

This blog is about getting people to ride their bikes to work. For those of you who haven't ridden much on the streets with traffic, this can be a daunting task, but it is not impossible. I am very pleased that an accomplished Vehicular Cyclist, ChipSeal, has agreed to be an author on Beginning Bicycle Commuting. He is car free and logs a lot of miles on his bike, and in the process has developed a wealth of knowledge on how to navigate in traffic with motor vehicles. His first post comes as an answer to a question on how to navigate through a particular traffic situation that I encounter on my commute.

Anyway, welcome to ChipSeal!

3 comments:

Dottie said...

Welcome!

Steve A said...

Doohickie, I want you to prevail on our carfree friend to explain his cycling strategies for how he gets around during thunderstorms without picking up an electrifying personality.

That is my #1 excuse for driving in to work instead of riding.

Doohickie said...

Yeah, that's pretty much where I draw the line too, Steve.