Friday, July 17, 2009

But.... I'm only 46!

I experienced a rite of passage this evening. I got home from work, and Mrs. Doohickie was watching What Not To Wear on TV. One of their big sponsors right now is Long John Silver's and they actually had some food that didn't look half bad, so I ran over and picked some up.

So the clerk rang me up and the amount seemed a little low. I checked the receipt...



...and for the first time in my life, someone gave me a senior discount!



I'm not quite sure what to think about this. After a little checking, I found that Long John Silver's gives a senior discount to people over the age of 55. Ouch... do I look that old? Well, to some 20-year-old working at Long John's, I guess so!

10 comments:

HeidiTri's said...

OUCH!!

Big Oak said...

Yea, get used to it. I get senior discounts on a regular basis. I used to object, but I don't have the energy anymore to complain.

Doohickie said...

Honestly, I just started laughing. They must have thought I was senile. ;- )

Pondero said...

I also do not yet qualify for the LJS senior discount, but have been experiencing other reminders (on a more frequent basis) that I'm not very close to 20 anymore either.

PennyCandy said...

Just glad it wasn't me. I would have been insulted and I would have said something. :-)

Rat Trap Press said...

Ha! That's funny! Time to apply some Just For Men.

Doohickie said...

Ouch, indeed, Myles.

Steve A said...

This is the flip side of when you were a bit less than 21 and wanted to get served alchohol...

jkirlin said...

So awesome.

jkirlin said...

So awesome. :)