Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Proper Introduction

This is me:


This is me commuting:


Any questions?

My name is Paul, but online I go by the name Doohickie, which is a corruption of my last name by a kid who my wife used to teach in Sunday school. He couldn't say her name when he was three so he called her Mrs. Doohickie. (Now he's in fourth grade and in the Sunday school class that I teach.)

The above pictures were taken by a guy who is making a display for Earth Day festivities at my company. I look much goofier on my bike than I feel when I'm riding.

One thing's for sure, I feel a lot healthier since I started riding last year. If I didn't commute I wouldn't be so devoted to riding; that's one of the best reasons to ride your bike to work: It's good for you!

3 comments:

HeidiTri's said...

Nice to meet you ;)

Be safe.

Steve A said...

No it doesn't make you a poseur, it makes you - a cyclist. See the website link.

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2008/04/mused-and-confused-pondering-nature-of.html

Doohickie said...

Interesting read, Steve.

I know I'm not a poseur. But the self-effacing act is a thinly veiled attempt and not coming off as a snob, cuz I'm not good enough to be a snob and be able to pull it off.

I hope HeidiTri's reads these comments some day because she is a triathlete and the section about them in that article is something she needs to read. ;)