Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009 Great Southwest Bike Swap and Cyclocross

So this afternoon I rode The Old Gentleman over to a bike swap meet. Here I am with The Old Gentleman inside the swap meet.



My bike club had a booth there.



Hi, Larry! (I always try to take pictures of Larry because he takes so many pictures of other people in the club.)



There were lots of interesting people selling lots of interesting things. Here is thehappyrobot (whom I know from BikeForums) and his friend, ummm... Brian I think.



It's amazing what just a few bucks will buy at a swap meet. I got some upgrades for my road bike (aka the Dumpster Queen), and some parts that will eventually be used on a Schwinn World Sport that I plan to turn into a fixed gear bike. Here's my haul in the baskets of The Old Gentleman.



There was a raffle at the end, and Jim, the president of our bike club, was the unofficial MC.



I took a few pics inside. There was also a great cyclocross race outside. If you want to see more pictures of that, click on the picture below for a link to The Rat Trap Press's account of the bike swap and cyclocross. He took pictures of the race and has a better camera than I do. ;- )



EDIT: Some of my new goodies on my Dumpster Queen- kickstand, aero brake levers, seat.

4 comments:

Rat Trap Press said...

Nice blog! I briefly spoke to thehappyrobot and his buddy, they seemed like pretty cool guys. I'll be adding your blog to my list.

HeidiTri's said...

Looks like a fun day. Sorry I couldn't be there.
You're looking like a Long Tall Texan in the first picture, with all the weight loss. (Don't tell PC I said so).

PennyCandy said...

Yeah my man is lookin' good.

Steve A said...

And here I find Doohickie made a post about Cyclocross (well, sorta). Now I'll have to see what RT had to say about it...