Saturday, October 18, 2008

Breakfast Ride

So I did a breakfast ride on my bike this morning. I met with a bunch of people from the bike club where I work and we rode to breakfast. I rode to and from the meetup point, so I ended up going 46 miles. That's the most I've ridden in one day in over 25 years. It was a good workout, but WOW!





There were 14 riders in two classes. The Swifties were the guys who like to race around. I rode with the Pacers, who go at a medium clip (I think we averaged 13 mph). I took the hybrid (which turned out to be the only non-road bike in the group).

There was one mishap. One of the managers from my office went down around a corner. Lost grip on the back tire and went down fast and hard. His wife was right behind him and couldn't unclip her pedals fast enough, and she went down too. He was pretty sore and not too roadburned; she was just a little bumped up. They both continued the ride but I be they're both sore right now!

And THAT is why I'll stick with a thick-wheeled hybrid and open toe clips!

2 comments:

HeidiTri's said...

46 miles is a great ride!I'm impressed. Let us know how you're feeling on Monday!

Doohickie said...

I felt fine today. I even rode The Old Gentleman with only three speeds. The ride home is more uphill than down, and there was a bit of a headwind, but I made it. And my leg muscles aren't at all sore (although I don't feel I have the leg strength I usually have).