Sunday, June 07, 2009

A Week Off

So here it is Sunday. I took this past week off from work due to family being in town for my son's high school graduation. As it turns out, it was not only a week off from work, it was a week off from riding. I think I took one short ride on my bike (to the grocery store), and I did ride my bike to the office where I worked for a few hours on Monday morning. That was about it.

Now the wacky urgency of the past week, where we had a lot of activities crammed into a short time, is behind me and it's time to get back on the bike.

5 comments:

Big Oak said...

Congratulations to your son on his graduation.

For me, taking some time off is a good way to heal nagging aches and refreshes my desire for biking. Hope this is the same for you.

Doohickie said...

got back into the wonder of cycling this evening. It was just a short ride up and down the street, but it was on a bike I reclaimed from the trash that I'm fixing up to give to a friend of my wife's.

It's a 20-year-old Schwinn Sprint, and frankly I wasn't expecting much out of it, but it rides like a dream, shifts well, the wheels are round and true, and overall it's just a very pleasant bike to ride. This evening was the first time I've tried to ride it since I got it around the beginning of the year.

I converted it to a townie by putting upright bars in place of the original drop bars. The position feels so good that now I'm eager to do the same thing to the Varsity I found a couple months ago.

Steve A said...

Heckuva coincidence.

My family was visiting from Seattle & my daughter graduated from CHHS. Panther Pride here!

Those bike rides to the Sundance Square Starbucks really came in handy when it came to navigating around the FW Convention Center.

Doohickie said...

CHHS- Colleyville Heritage?

Yeah, we were at the convention center too- North Crowley. We do the panther thing as well.

HeidiTri's said...

Hey- Get your F-I-L out on one of those bikes!!