Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Same storm, different week



Just like last week, here comes the storm. This one seems to be extra concentrated just to the west of me and is moving east.

And just so you don't think I'm just this guy who sits and watches the weather.... I got a text message from a telemarketer today. It was from "CarDealership@MarketingCompany.com" (except there were real names of real companies). I've used the dealership for service, so I know how they got my number.

Since I pay for text messages, I don't like getting them. I usually just erase them without reading them, but I hit the wrong button on my phone. So I made it this afternoon's diversion.

First, I called the dealership and asked to be removed from the text message list. They had no idea what I was talking about.

Then I sent an email to the address that the text message came from, asking them not to send me any more text messages.

Then, I went to "MarketingCompany.com" but couldn't get anywhere without a pre-existing logon and password, as far as I could tell. There was another company name there, though, and their website was the parent for MarketingCompany. I went there and found some contact information- an online form and a telephone number. I re-sent the message from the earlier email through the form, then called the number and gave them the same lecture. The person who answered said they couldn't take my number off the list; it had to be done by the car dealership, but then she transferred me to customer service. The rep assured me that I would be taken off the list.

I doubt it. But we'll see.

No comments: