Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Barbeque in a Bottle



Imagine digging into a plate of Angelo's barbeque brisket and washing it down with a swig of Shiner Bock. Mmmm.... the meaty goodness of brisket and the malty snap of the beer.

But if you can't get out to a good barbeque joint, what can you do? Simple: Pick up a six-pack of Shiner Smokehaus beer. The flavor sensations will be exactly the same, even though the barbeque is missing. I guess it's kind of a novelty brew: A beer that tastes like barbeque. But... it works.

I don't know how you brew "mesquite smoked" beer, but the good folks at Spoetzl Brewery figured it out. It takes you out to a barbeque picnic even if you're hangin' out in your BarcaLounger. Add a bunch of nostalgic labeling, and this beer is a winner.

6 comments:

Big Oak said...

Being a beer purest (Reinheitsgebot! only water, hops, yeast and malted barley extract) I was at first ready to dismiss that concoction. But after reading your review, I realize the smallness of my world. Sounds as though I could really enjoy that!

Doohickie said...

My first reaction was that I was taken aback because of the strong, smokey flavor. But it's really good stuff. Do you get Shiner beers up your way? It's worth a try.

Big Oak said...

I haven't seen it, but I'll look for it.

Felicia said...

Two of Greg's favorite things: beer and bbq! I'll have to tell him about that one!

rab said...

I keep eyeing this one up but am afraid to bite the bullet.
You have me now convinced to give it a shot. Thanks!

MELI. said...

damn shiner, one of my favorites <3