Monday, June 21, 2010

Baby, it's HOT out there!

Sorry, I haven't posted much lately. There are lots of reasons for it. Mostly it's because I'm not riding my bike much lately. Last week was a lost cause since I got very little sleep with a new puppy in the house.



It's like having a baby in the house again. We didn't plan on getting another dog; my sons took our two dogs for a walk and came back with three. After a week's worth of trying to find his owner and/or a family to adopt him, it appears he's here for the duration. We named him Winston. He's gonna be a big boy.

My lovely bride did good for Father's day, getting me a Park Truing Stand and Spoke Tension Meter.

And finally... the title of the post. The other reason why I haven't been riding is that summer has definitely come to Texas. Temps around 100 for the ride home time means one more reason to not be all motivated to ride, especially if I'm running late. Today I did ride though, and it took quite a while to get home. When it's that hot out, I just don't real upset if I only average 10 mph. At least I got home. One thing that helped is I found an ice machine in my office building. I filled up my water bottle with ice water and not only drank it but poured it over my head, chest and back when I felt too hot. Aaaaaaaaah!

If you're riding in the heat, be careful out there!

4 comments:

Chandra said...

Adorable puppy, Paul! Congrats!!
Peace :)

A Midnight Rider said...

Puppy looks big already. #3 son just arrived in Austin to start his new life. He has an apartment now to find a job to pay for it. It's another vacation destination for wifey and I.

Doohickie said...

Someday I'll get down to Austin for some bike riding myself.

twister said...

A big boy that'll hit the high notes before too long?