Monday, April 20, 2009

Start 'em Off Young

On Saturday I did a breakfast ride with my bike club. It's the same ride we've done several times before so I guess that makes it a commute, right? Anyway, there were about a dozen bikes from our bike club locked up together.



As we came around the front of the building, I saw that we weren't the only ones who rode. There was also a charming Raleigh Spite locked up to a sign.



And what's this on the other side? A small bike...



Well, we went in and had breakfast, and as we were leaving we met the owner of the Sprite and his son. What I thought was a trail-a-bike was actually just a coupling tube that linked the two bikes together. Dad still had pretty much full control of where son went, but the son had more freedom than on a single wheel trail-a-bike. It was pretty cool.





Another bike commuter in the making!

4 comments:

Big Oak said...

Wow, it's great seeing all the bikes. The little bike is like a bonus. You people down there are getting it right - I've never seen a conglomeration of bikes outside a restaurant like that here. I keep hoping...

Doohickie said...

That was a group ride though. My bike club does that every Saturday morning. I make it once or twice a month typically.

Also, that morning there was a "Zoo Run"; the zoo is only a couple miles away, and the place where we ate is pretty popular.

HeidiTri's said...

We used a "Trail-a-bike" last summer on vacation before Kenz could ride without training wheels. She loved it, and so did every other kid that was with us! I've never seen a set-up like that before- cool!

Rat Trap Press said...

That's neat.That looks like a great way to ride with a little one.