Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One Year as a Bicycle Commuter

One year ago today, I climbed on my bike and rode to work for the first time in over 20 years. It was a start. At first it was just a diversion- something to do once or twice a week.

It's become a primary mode of transportation. That said, I celebrated my first anniversary as a cycle commuter by.... driving into work. I haven't ridden yet this week, although I plan to break that streak tomorrow.

Friday, assuming decent weather, will be kind of neat. I plan to meet a coworker at her home then ride in with her. It'll be her first time riding to work.

5 comments:

HeidiTri's said...

Congrats on your anniversary!

floppy foot said...

The only thing better than riding to work is riding with someone else to work. Great job. I ride to work for a good portion of the year. I haven't been doing it for the last few months because it has been so incredibly windy!!! I can handle almost any kind of weather on my bike but the wind just gets me. It gets so dangerous when it pushes you out into traffic. I have to change my clothes a total of 4 times during the day because I work in two different locations so I use an Ortleib(sp) waterproof backpack. It's amazing. You guys are all making me feel guilty and I really need to get back into my commute routine. :-)

Doohickie said...

Yeah, wind sucks.

Rat Trap Press said...

Congrats on the 1 year mark!

Six said...

Let my add my conga rats on your anniversary. It's a great milestone.
eric